Holiday Gravy that IMPROVES digestion!!!
Yes, you read correctly! We all know that the holidays come with an endless parade of tempting treats filled with all the things we know we shouldn’t, really really shouldn’t but maybe just this once, and then why not seconds? And we all know it only gets better the second day, or maybe that’s just me! But there is hope.
Raw Apple Cider Vinegar has a host of health improving qualities:
- improves digestion
- lowers cholesterol
- lowers blood pressure
- reduces reflux
- relieves gas and regulates bowels
- increases energy
Try having 1 tsp of raw apple cider vinegar in warm water first thing in the morning to balance yesterday’s meal, but to also prepare your stomach and immune system for all the fluctuations that holiday eating can bring.
And as a final support, try this tasty apple cider vinegar recipe to the very meal itself:
· 4 cups turkey stock or reduced-sodium chicken broth
· 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (or chickpea flour)
· 1 1/4 cups apple cider
· 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk 1/2 cup turkey stock (or chicken broth) and flour in a small bowl until smooth; set aside.
- Set the roasting pan over two burners on medium-high heat. Add cider and vinegar; bring to a boil and cook, scraping up the browned bits from the pan, until the liquid is reduced by about half, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining 3 1/2 cups stock (or broth). Increase heat to high; return to a boil, whisking often. Boil until the liquid is reduced by about half, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Whisk the reserved flour mixture into the pan. Boil, whisking constantly, until the gravy is thickened, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour the gravy through a fine sieve into a large measuring cup. (Discard the solids.) Season with salt and pepper.
This entry was posted in Recipes
and tagged Hippy Health Remedy
. Bookmark the permalink